Getting married in Belize
Contact InformationRegister General
Tel: (501)227-7377 / (501)227-2053
Applying for a license to marry costs $200.00 for couples domiciled in Belize for at least 3 days and $500.00 for non-Belizeans.
Step By Step
- Take completed forms / required items to the Register General or Solicitor General to apply for a license to marry.
- Wait the processing time, typically one day.
- Pick up the license to marry from the Register General office.
- After the marriage ceremony, the marriage must be registered with the Registry Department.
- Identification Documents
- Proof of citizenship
- Marital Status
- Proof of age
- One male witness
- One female witness
- A senior justice of the peace to witness the application process
- Blood test (if under 18)
- Parental consent (if under 18)
- Divorce certificate (if divorced)
- Death certificate of previous spouse (if widowed)